Catching some zzz's anywhere I can.....
"The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there.
The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads.
And mamma in her ‘kerchief, and I in my cap,
Had just settled our brains for a long winter’s nap."
In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there.
The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads.
And mamma in her ‘kerchief, and I in my cap,
Had just settled our brains for a long winter’s nap."
Really?
'Kerchiefs aren't worn quite as much by us mothers.
Only Aunt Jemima wears those, while warm pancakes she smothers.
I could only hope for sweet dreams filled w/ plums.
Instead I wait....but the Sandman never comes.
I toss and I turn- trying to shut off my head,
and throw dirty looks at my husband, who sleeps, like the dead.
The list of Christmas "to dos" continues to race,
through my sad, frazzled mind, where common sense has no place.
I start thinking of dozens of projects half finished,
of the days before Christmas, which have become quite diminished.
Of the wrapping and baking, and errands to run.
Minutes turn into hours and the clock has struck one.
I sneak out of bed, hoping TV will be soothing.
Instead I get sucked into a commercial- it's quite moving.
Now, I am thinking of how selfish I've become.
When for 5 cents a day I could give "Anita" a home.
Just as quickly, I'm drawn into the "Easy Peel Glove."
What?! No more peeling potatoes?? This I will love!
And those green bags that make it so your food doesn't mold.
Wait! Suzanne Somers has skincare that won't let me grow old!
"Put down the phone Christy! This is not helping you sleep.
You need to relax, so to bed you can creep."
It's not as easy to calm my crazed nerves as you'd think.
I tell you, this holiday stress could drive me to drink.
Just teasing! He he! (Letting out nervous laughter)
It's only a decent night's sleep that I'm after.
Yes, a full night of sleep is all that I need.
(Please be assured- "JUST SAY NO" is my creed.)
Eventually, sometime around three, I passed out.
But not without one or two more lists to worry about.
Someday I might get that "Long winters nap."
But for now, it's a tease and I think it's just crap.
So for the millions of moms who can't get to sleep,
say an extra prayer tonight, and pray their souls to keep.
Or, just slip them a Tylenol PM.
I'd consider it a personal favor to a friend.
'Kerchiefs aren't worn quite as much by us mothers.
Only Aunt Jemima wears those, while warm pancakes she smothers.
I could only hope for sweet dreams filled w/ plums.
Instead I wait....but the Sandman never comes.
I toss and I turn- trying to shut off my head,
and throw dirty looks at my husband, who sleeps, like the dead.
The list of Christmas "to dos" continues to race,
through my sad, frazzled mind, where common sense has no place.
I start thinking of dozens of projects half finished,
of the days before Christmas, which have become quite diminished.
Of the wrapping and baking, and errands to run.
Minutes turn into hours and the clock has struck one.
I sneak out of bed, hoping TV will be soothing.
Instead I get sucked into a commercial- it's quite moving.
Now, I am thinking of how selfish I've become.
When for 5 cents a day I could give "Anita" a home.
Just as quickly, I'm drawn into the "Easy Peel Glove."
What?! No more peeling potatoes?? This I will love!
And those green bags that make it so your food doesn't mold.
Wait! Suzanne Somers has skincare that won't let me grow old!
"Put down the phone Christy! This is not helping you sleep.
You need to relax, so to bed you can creep."
It's not as easy to calm my crazed nerves as you'd think.
I tell you, this holiday stress could drive me to drink.
Just teasing! He he! (Letting out nervous laughter)
It's only a decent night's sleep that I'm after.
Yes, a full night of sleep is all that I need.
(Please be assured- "JUST SAY NO" is my creed.)
Eventually, sometime around three, I passed out.
But not without one or two more lists to worry about.
Someday I might get that "Long winters nap."
But for now, it's a tease and I think it's just crap.
So for the millions of moms who can't get to sleep,
say an extra prayer tonight, and pray their souls to keep.
Or, just slip them a Tylenol PM.
I'd consider it a personal favor to a friend.
May you 'sleep in heavenly peace' this holiday season!


14 comments:
you = rad. =)
How do you find time to be witty? I'm jealous.
ok girly, you are way too creative! That was very funny!
This is so funny! I love it!
I have my own disgruntled holiday post up...
That was good fun! Great pictures too.
How awesome and creative you totally are,
When you become rich and famous
Will you buy me a new....car??
I know...my creativity is so lame! Your Christmas poem totally rocked!! YOU are so talented, Christy! :o)
Thanks for wishing Mylie a happy birthday! Happy Birthday to Mia, too!!
Well said, you creative mommy!
You are just too cute for words Lil' Missy! ;)
Seriously, you kill me. And I am the biggest advocate of Tylenol PM there is. I would buy stock in in if I had any money. :)
lol! that was fun! (mine is way silly on my latest blog) It's fun to find your blog! anyway keep up the poems! poetry rocks!
Love it..My dear friend my Thompson Pharmacy is available to you ANYTIME:)
Christy your blog is a pick me up, i check in when i need a giggle. i also am an infomercial junkie, everything is so amazing! i am banned from buying ANYTHING off of tv...
Freakin' funny. Great job. Yah, how do you have time to be so witty. That would have taken me hours to write! Love you, sis. Merry Christmas! You better get some sleep tonight! :)
these pictures are so beautiful! You have such cute little girls!!
Post a Comment