
(Dees be da devils cookies!)
How did I get in this predicament?
One of Satan's little helpers disguised as this:

Can't you just see the evil in their eyes? Oh sure, they look all sweet and smiley with their, "Hello Ma'ams!" and their "Would you like to try a free sample?"
Sample? Try the gateway to a darkness that will have you sneaking into the kitchen late at night, pulling a box out from your secret hiding place ("Oh, sorry Honey! The cookies are all gone."), and shoveling every last morsel into your mouth until you are left in a cookie induced coma, only to be awoken by the screams of your children when the find you, laying in a pile of crumbs and your own saliva, the next morning.
Did they have to take an X-ray to see if i had swallowed a piece of the plastic that held the cookies?
Maybe.
Did that stop me from buying 2 more boxes?
Maybe not.
I shudder to think where this path will lead me. My eyes becoming all "googly" and bugged out. My skin changing colors and possibly even growing hair. My brain so fried that my only way of communicating is to mumble "me want coo-kie" or "yum, yum, yum", like a two year old child.
We've all seen this before, haven't we?
(Give me the strength to accept the things I can't turn into cookies, and the wisdom to eat those that I can...)
Don't worry. I'm not like him. I'm not an addict. I can stop anytime I want, no problem.
And I will.
Just, after this last cookie......
(yum, yum, yum)


10 comments:
i have my own private stash as well. That's the fun of being the mom.
Just this week i have eaten a box (and maybe a half)(BY MYSELF!!!) of those blasted things. I keep waiting for my brain to signal a response that says "stop, you now hate these and will not think of eating one more (until next year when the devil knocks on your door disguised as adorable Eden Johnston)." It hasn't happened yet, and so i eat...
I can't even buy...I have no self-control! thank heavens my neighbors quit girl scouts cuz I always felt obligated to buy. You know...for the kids...
I am in total agreement, those are by far the best cookies ever! I have definetly eaten more that a box by myself! I'm not even ashamed to say I want more and if I see a girl scout selling them today I'll by more!
In AZ there were girl scouts on every corner temptimg me (sucessfully) to buy their cookies laced with crack. In UT I have not even seen 1!! Where are all the girl scouts? What about MY cookies? Why does life have to be so unfair? I don't have any cookies at all. So eat an extra box for me.....
Aaah a little taste of heaven in every bite... or box! ;)
What I havent seen any girls scouts, I need some cookies!!! Thanks Christy, I better get my comfy jeans out!
What is it about girl scout cookies??? My neighbors are girlscouts I said I can not buy this year because I will eat them, they said- then send them to the troops... we will see if they make it to the troops! It was fun to see you and your adorable girls today we will have to do it more often:)
Christy, having known you for a very long time, this little cookie ADDICTION pales in comparison to some of your others. Go easy on yourself. You'll come through it okay; you always do.
I had to limit myself to ONE box, and yes it's already gone.
Post a Comment