9/07/2010

Cowboy Up

Lately I've been struggling with making the time to post consistently on this here blog.


I know what you're thinking:


"Christy, with all the floods, famine, wars and celebri-taunts heading off to jail,  posting on your blog is what you're 'struggling' with??"


And to that I say....


YES.


I'm just that clueless.



...and I'm even bigger into cliches. So I'm 'bout to drop a big one on you. Because, you see...



This blog is my journal. (BOOM!)


Did you feel that?




I know that is probably one of the most over-used descriptions of why it is so fetching (bringing back an oldie-but-goodie with that one. Holla at me Utah!) important for us to do "the blog", but also quite true. The idea of leaving honest snap shots of my life for my girls to go back to when I'm no longer here is very important to me. (Not too mention the warm fuzzies I get with every comment I receive, no matter how misguided the compliments are. You guys are waaay too nice to me. I'm sure that will change once you get to know me better.)


All of this very important thinking that I've been doing on the subject of blogging led me to having a conversation with one of my FLAVORITE bloggers (and people)  Natalicious. If you don't know her, picture the sassy spunk and tiny thighs of Tinkerbell mixed with the morals and wisdom (and tiny thighs) of Jiminy Cricket. She's Disney's dream come true. She's also a great motivator, which is why I found myself bouncing ideas off of her tiny thighs a few days ago:

"I want to post more, but I have no motivation," I whined, over the phone, while licking the wrapper of a Symphony chocolate bar.


"I think that would be possible if you didn't use up all of your energy feverishly licking every last ounce of chocolate from your candy bar wrappers," (I'm pretty sure) she thought to herself, concerned.


"I think you should. I'd like to as well. Maybe we can try something together?" she actually said, out loud, because she's way too nice and tiny thighed to ever say or think something like the above quote.


"That *slurp* would *snarf* be fun !" I warbled enthusiastically, in between licks of the runaway chocolate that made it's way to the phone's receiver and the crook of my arm.


"For heaven's sake! I'll buy you more chocolate! Please stop attacking those crumbs like a pig routing through garbage!" (I'm pretty sure) she thought to herself,  although she never really would because she lives by the acronym "WWJD", or "What Would Jiminy Do?"

No, no. That would've never crossed her mind. In fact, she's been enabling my chocolate habit for years. (Just the other night she sent me a text offering me "a fix" of Texas sheet cake. "The first one's free, Christy" Uh-huh.)



Instead my sweet friend sat there encouraging me until we came up with a plan to motivate each other. And since lately I've needed a "gun to my head" to keep me on track with writing, the idea was born:



BLOG BANDITS.






Once a week, each of us would "hand over" our blogs to each other (in true bandito style) and let the other choose the topic we would write about for that post. The bandit can choose to ask a question, post a quote for you to comment on, or simply give you a one word topic to write about.  The sky's the limit. No matter what the bandit says, you MUST write about their topic of choice and you MUST post it every Wednesday.


And for fun, I'm going to write every bandit post in character while wearing a handkerchief and chewin' tabacky.


So there you have it. Starting next Wednesday both Natalie and I will be taking each other's blog "by the horns" and forcing one another to write about the things we choose for topics.


While I begin work on a nicotine addiction.

 *spit* (clank!)





Y'all come back now, ya here??


***************************

THE BANDIT'S TOPIC of choice for my 9/15/10 post:

"Awakening Sleeping Beauty: We are the hero of our own story."


(I told you she is Disney's dream!!)

12 comments:

Amie said...

I love it. :) Can't wait.

Natalie Gordon said...

What a fun idea! Can't wait 'til Wednesday. Now, I'm going over to check out the tiny-thighed one. xoxo

ABlack said...

Love it!! Since I am definetly not a writer, I'll just have to be your friend you eat chocolate with. :)

ABlack said...

Love it!! Since I am definetly not a writer, I'll just have to be your friend you eat chocolate with. :)

Kami said...

Can't wait to read them!

Britton & Jamie said...

Sounds like fun! Can't wait to read both of your blogs! :>

Garn said...

I am fairly new to this whole blogging scene, and I must admit I feel a little out of place as it seems to be mostly chicas who blog, but at risk of sounding like a full on blog stalker, I wish I could write like you. You have a gift. It sure makes it easier to read someone's journal...KIDDING of course.

Chris
awalkwithourangel.blogspot.com

Lei said...

Good idea. Once upon a time when I actually wrote good stuff (and didn't just make stuff and show it off), myself and another blogger hosted a writing forum called "Woman to Woman". And we tackled all sorts of great topics important to women. It was fun and i kind of miss it! Definiteyl helped fill the voids of time where I coudln't force myself to be intuitive.

Lei said...

Oh! P.S. I linked to your post on Hybrid Mom. :)

kacy faulconer said...

Cool idea.

Dahlene said...

I'm a new fan. I don't know you, but I know Natalie. I love her blog. It's one of my favorites because she is such a great writer. I saw what you wrote about her Tinkerbell thighs and I just have to follow your blog now. I can hardly wait until Wednesday!! Happy Blogging Bandits!

Anne Gordon said...

Bahahahahahah! I'm picturing you actually spitting "tobacky" but taking special care not to get it on your cute little shoes when you spit. :) Love you sissy. Can't wait to read 'em all.