The stage is home to me. From the time I was old enough to proudly display my "jazz hands" I knew it was where I wanted to be. Some of the best moments of my youth were there. I met my husband on a stage. Luckily, I did not have my children on a stage. That would have been messy. But with them, our girls brought many stages. "It's only a stage" for example, is a handy phrase when trying to explain the color crayon mural on our freshly scrubbed walls to my husband.
Who knew that being a stay at home Mom would require all of the acting I could muster.
*Acting...... nonchalant as if I don't really enjoy the Wiggles as much as I do, for fear they will kick me out of playgroup for my perverse attraction to Anthony-The Blue Wiggle (sigh).
*Acting........ horrified by the idea of eating Halloween candy for breakfast when my little ones beg for early morning treats. And then proceeding to pull the Snickers wrappers out from their hiding place under my shirt and bury them under banana peels in the trash can.
*Acting......... as if I'm not affected at all when my little Mimi turns down my open arms and reaches for her Daddy's instead. "It's just that she sees you all day long, that's all. Keep it together Hiniker! Don't cry.......don't you cry!!"
Quite frankly, I'm surprised I haven't gotten a nod from the Academy yet. Just wait 'til they see my "Mommy thinks the 'dinner' you made for her out of mashed up 'Lunchables' remnants is delicious" performance.
"And the Oscar goes to......"
11/04/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
welcome to the world, Christy. =)
Christy, you are such an awesome mom! In the Academy of Raising a Family, I'd award you an Oscar- or at least a shiny Barbie! =) Can't wait to read more...
Always,
Amy
You didn't take AP English at Cactus High, did you? I think I might have been in your class. You were the drama queen in the first row, right?
It's about time!!! Thank you so much for starting this!! Now I can keep up with the Hinikers!!!
This is great! So glad you decided to do this. Your girls are so beautiful, looking forward to keeping up with them!
And the Oscar goes to who else???...Ms. Christy Hiniker, of course! Way to go on starting the blog. I am excited.
p.s. And Adam looks a little too convincingly stoned in the picture below:) haha!!
Post a Comment